New veterinary hospital
A former First Citizens Bank building was recently renovated into a full-service veterinary hospital, Smithfield Road Veterinary Clinic, at 1101 N. Smithfield Road, Knightdale. The new 3,000-square-foot animal hospital provides hospital and boarding services and integrates the bank’s existing features to include a new x-ray room re-purposed from the old bank vault.
The clinic is open from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday.
Graston Technique Therapist
Robin Tierney, DPT, a doctor of Physical Therapy with Access Physical Therapy & Wellness in Knightdale, has completed the course work required to be a certified Graston Technique Therapist. As a Graston Technique Therapist, Robin performs instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization that enables clinicians to effectively break down scar tissue and fascial restrictions. Tierney graduated with a BS in Physiology from the University of Arizona and a Doctorate in Physical Therapy from East Carolina University.
Knightdale chamber events
The Knightdale Chamber of Commerce will hold several events throughout the month. Call 919-266-4603 or visit KnightdaleChamber.org for more information.
• 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday, April 8: Food & Facts is a new professional development program designed to provide business owners with pertinent information. This session will be led by Capital Area Workforce Development. Registration is requested.
• 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday, April 16: A Food & Facts session will be led by Stephen Hand, Triangle BNI. Registration is requested.
• Chamber offices will be closed Friday, April 18, for Good Friday.
• 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday, April 22: A Food & Facts session will be led by Anissa Starnes of Constant Contact. The session will discuss effective email marketing. Registration is requested.
• 9:30 to 10:45 a.m. Thursday, April 24: The Red Ribbon Showcase provides a ribbon cutting ceremony for member businesses who do not have a storefront or local presence to accommodate a traditional ribbon cutting. This showcase will be held at Carillon Assisted Living of Knightdale, 2408 Hodge Road, Knightdale.