In response to a recent rabies incident in Wendell, Neuse River Vetrinary Hospital is providing a $7 rabies clinic from 10 a.m. to noon, during the week through March 15. Neuse River Vet Hospital is at 2961 Wendell Blvd., Wendell.
Parents’ Night Out
Knightdale Town Hall will host a movie night with CiCi’s Pizza, popcorn and a feature presentation from 6:30 to 10 p.m. Friday, March 21, at the Harper Park Building, 209 Main St., Knightdale. The program is open to children from Kindergarten through grade 8, for $18 per child. Call 919-217-2234 for details. Registration is required.
Professional development seminars
Food & Facts is the Knightdale Chamber of Commerce’s new line of professional development sessions. The program is designed to provide owners with pertinent, bite-sized educational information. Sessions are led by local business owners on a variety of topics. Food & Facts is open to members and nonmembers alike, and advance registration is required at www.KnightdaleChamber.org. Events are held at the Chamber, 207 Main St., Knightdale.
• 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday, March 18: Notary Public class, presented by Wake Technical Community College.
• 8:15 to 11:45 a.m. Tuesday, March 25: “Schmoozapalooza!” presented by the chamber.
Knightdale Chamber events
The Knightdale Chamber of Commerce will hold several events throughout the month. Call 919-266-4603 or visit KnightdaleChamber.org for more information.
• 8 to 9 a.m. Friday, March 28: Fourth Fridays includes breakfast and morning networking at the Knightdale Chamber, 207 Main St., Knightdale. This members-only program offers the chance to enjoy breakfast, coffee and juice, and network with other members. Registration is requested.
The American Red Cross is offering lifeguarding classes by Barnanne Creech. Applicants must be 15 or older, be able to swim 300 yards continuously and complete various other aquatic tasks. Upon completion of the program, participants will receive a life guarding certificate and first aid certificate valid for two years, as well as a CPR for the Professional Rescuer certificate. Those interested in registering should call 919-269-2057 by April 6.
Visit Baltimore April 7-9 with Zebulon Parks & Recreation. Travel by train from Rocky Mount, two nights stay Spring Hill Suites in Inner Harbor. Activities include a trolley tour, National Aquarium visit, two dinners and two breakfasts, and exploration of the city. Cost is $425 per person (based on double occupancy). Call Zebulon Community Center at 919-823-0432 for information.
Wake County Human Services and the Family Resource Center will provide free income tax preparation and filing at the Eastern Regional Center, 1002 Dogwood Drive, Zebulon, Wednesdays and Fridays from 12:30 to 4:30 p.m. until April 11. For more information, visit www.WakeTax.org.
Easter egg hunt
Knightdale Parks & Recreation will host its annual Easter egg hunt at 10 a.m. April 12, at Knightdale Station, 810 N. First Ave., Knightdale. The hunt will begin at 11 a.m and will be held for ages 0-3, 4-5, and 6-8. Visit knightdalenc.gov.
The FRES Safety Patrol’s Bicycle Rodeo will take place from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday, April 12, at Forestville Road Elementary School, 100 Lawson Ridge Road, Knightdale. All school children are invited to bring their bikes for bicycle checking, helmet fitting and riding an eight-station manned course. Refreshments, face painting and a raffle will be available. Call 919-266-8487 for more information.
Wake County Public School System will offer a Certified Nursing Assistant Level 1 short course from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. April 21-29, at Knightdale High School, 100 Bryan Chalk Lane, Knightdale. The fee is $50. Beauty Night Prom Prep will also be offered from 6:30 to 9:30 April 30, with a fee of $60.
Raleigh Little Theatre and Knightdale Parks & Recreation will offer the next Eastern Wake County Theatre class at Knightdale Recreation Center, 102 Lawson Ridge Road. Classes will run from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Tuesdays through May 6. The cost is $35, and registrations can be made at Knightdale Town Hall, 950 Steeple Square Court. Call 919-217-2236.
Knightdale Parks & Recreation will host a Mother and Son Beach Party Friday, May 9. Call 919-217-2232 for more information.
The class of 1974 of Vaiden Whitley High School will hold a reunion Saturday, May 17. Email LightingHid@hotmail.com for more information.
The Knightdale Farmer’s Market is currently seeking vendors to participate in the 2014 Farmer’s Market, which opens May 17. Call 919-217-2234.
4-H camp week
Wake County 4-H offers youth ages 8-14 the opportunity to camp at Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H Center in Reidsville, N.C. June 22-27 and experience traditional camp activities such as swimming, archery, horseback riding, canoeing, outdoor living skills and more. Older campers in the Adventurer group learn outdoor living skills and the Trekker group goes on an overnight canoe and rock-climbing trip. For more information, visit go.ncsu.edu/WakeCamps.
Relay For Life events
• 9 a.m. Saturday, March 15: The second annual Dana Griswold Baseball Celebration will be held at Zebulon Elementary School, 700 Proctor St., Zebulon. Along with the baseball tournament, a corn hole tournament will be held, with raffles, t-shirts, food and vendors. For more information, call 919-210-9305. All proceeds will benefit the Relay for Life.
• Saturday, March 22: The FBC Conquerors will host “Hoops for Hope” women’s basketball in the gym of First Baptist Church, 10242 Claude Lewis Road, Middlesex. Admission is $1 and concessions will be available for purchase. Call 919-217-9302 for more information.
• 5 to 8 p.m. Saturday, March 22: The PACEr’s will host a spaghetti supper at Wakefield Central Baptist Church, 308 Proctor St., Zebulon. Call 919-801-5898 for more information.
• 7 to 11 p.m. Saturday, March 22: Pirates of the CURE-ibbean will host a “Share the Care” prom-masquerade ball at the Wendell Community Center, 601 W. Third St., Wendell. Call 919-625-9059 for more information.
• 6 p.m. Sunday, March 23: Wendell Baptist will host a Gospel Sing featuring “Servant’s Heart” and “The Carlson Trio” at 3651 Wendell Blvd. The concert will be followed by a time of coffee and dessert in the fellowship hall. Call 919-365-9364 for more information.
• The 2014 East Wake Relay For Life is seeking people to serve on the organizational committee. For more information, email Vickie Curtis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
East Wake Senior Center events
The East Wake Senior Center will host several events in the coming weeks. The center is located at 323 Lake Drive, Wendell. Call 919-365-4248 for more information.
• East Wake Senior Center will assist the AARP Tax Aide program with making their appointments. Appointments are held from 9:30 am. to 2 p.m. Monday and Wednesday. The AARP location will be held at Longview Baptist Church, 2308 New Hope Road, Raleigh.
• Rex Mobile Mammography will be held at the Center from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Thursday, April 3. Call to reserve your space.
• The Center is seeking volunteers who have experience in office work, cleaning and organizing, as well as individuals with sewing, ceramics and craft experience.
• A spring craft sale will be held from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. May 5-9.
• The Center invites adults 60 and older to enjoy a free hot meal weekdays. The Center, open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., also hosts daily exercise sessions, informative programs, entertainment and bingo.
East Regional Library events
East Regional Library at 946 Steeple Square Court, Knightdale, has an extensive list of activities for the whole family. Find a complete list of events at www.wakegov.com/libraries or call 919-217-5300.
East Regional Library is seeking adult volunteers to help care for the library. Two-hour morning, afternoon, evening and weekend shifts are available.
Artists interested in having their artwork on display in the library may apply to show their artwork in the library’s main reading room for one month. Call Bob Morrill or Brandy Hamilton at 919-217-5301.
4:30 p.m. Sunday, March 14: Amazing Animals: There’s a Book for That! will feature fictional and factual stories about animals.
2 p.m. Saturday, March 15: Join the Raleigh Flute Association for an hour of music.
3 to 4 p.m. Sunday, March 16: Learn about local birds with Greg Bryant of Citizen Science. Bryant will discuss the roles of the birds in the balance of nature.
7 to 8:30 p.m. Monday, March 17: Craft It will give participants ages 16 and up a chance to decorate a flowerpot in anticipation of the spring season.
East Wake Education Foundation
The East Wake Education Foundation hosts recurring events throughout the year. For a complete list, visit www.EastWakeEducationFoundation.org. Events are held at the East Wake Education Foundation Family & Child Resource Center, 16 E. Fourth St., Wendell.
• Play Day is from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
• Teachable Monday, which offers an in-house field trip or story time and crafts, is at 10 a.m. Mondays.
• Ready, Set, Read is at 10 a.m. Tuesdays. The program, for children ages 4-5, teaches symbol and sound recognition, and writing practice.
• Wacky Wednesday offers music, stories and art at 10 a.m. Wednesdays.
• Thumpin’ Thursday, at 10 a.m. Thursdays, is an exercise program that helps children develop motor skills.
Ready to Learn classes
The Eastern Region Ready to Learn program offers free classes at Knightdale Parks and Recreation, 950 Steeple Square Court, Knightdale. All classes require parent participation. For more information, contact Shelia Dodd at 919-365-2606 or email@example.com, or Janice Squires at 919-365-0921 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Zebulon Community Library events
Zebulon Community Library, 1000 Dogwood Drive, hosts several ongoing events. For information, visit wakegov.com/libraries/locations or call 919-404-3610.
• Story time: 6 p.m. Mondays and 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturday.
• K-5 Adventures: 4:30 p.m. Thursdays.
Wendell Community Library events
Wendell Community Library holds events for children in kindergarten through fifth grade on Tuesdays at 4:30 p.m. 207 S. Hollybrook Road, Wendell. Call 919-365-2600 for more information.
• Storytime for preschoolers is at 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays at the 207 S. Hollybrook Road.
Abrakadoodle, for ages 20 months to 12 years old, meets Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday mornings. at the Knightdale Recreation Center, 101 Lawson Ridge Road, Knightdale. Twoosy (20 months to 3 years old) will be offered from 9-9:45 a.m. Saturday and 4-4:45 p.m. Tuesday. Mini-Doodler (3 and a half to 5 years old) will be offered from 10-10:45 a.m. Saturday and 4-4:45 p.m. Thursday. Doodler (5 and a half to 12 years old) will be offered from 11 a.m. to noon Saturday. Twoosy and Mini-Doodler classes are $54 per session, and Doodler classes are $58. For more information, call 919-217-2236.
The 5 County Beekeepers Association meets at 7 p.m. on the third Tuesday of each month at the Bennett Bunn Plantation, 1915 Old Bunn Road, Zebulon. The group welcomes new members. For more information, visit www.5cba.org or call Bryon Way at 919-295-0245.
Send announcements at least two weeks before the event to email@example.com.