RALEIGH — A 26-year-old man from Greensboro was being held Tuesday in the Wake County Detention Center in lieu of $100,000 bail on 13 child-sex charges that a search warrant from Zebulon police link to a 10-year-old girl and a series of pictures and videos sent in telephone messages.
Guadalupe Guillen-Martinez was arrested Saturday afternoon, according to an online arrest report, though the Wake County sheriff’s system lists him only as being sentenced, a designation that does not specify a charge.
State court records show, however, that Guillen-Martinez is due in court March 7 on five arrest warrants that accuse him of six counts of first-degree sexual exploitation of a minor, four counts of second-degree sexual exploitation and three counts of taking indecent liberties with a child.
In the search warrant, returned to the Wake County Clerk of Court office Monday, Zebulon Detective F.E. Killette said that the case began Aug. 13.
The girl’s cell phone held six videos of Guillen-Martinez and “approximately 533” pictures of the girl doing actions that Guillen-Martinez directed her to do, according to the request to search his apartment at 1616 Maplewood Lane in Greensboro.
The returned warrant shows that police seized several computers, a compact disk, other storage devices, a notebook and a cell phone when they went to the apartment on Feb. 18.
The warrant does not indicate how the girl and Guillen-Martinez came into contact.
Police said they were able to identify Guillen-Martinez through his cell phone and that even though the account had been closed, Greensboro police verified that he still lived at the address on it.