• Knightdale Parks and Recreation is conducting registration for the spring baseball and softball season through Jan. 30.
Applicants can register at Knightdale Town Hall from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. The fee is $37 for residents and $52 for non-residents. Registration for ages 4 to 8 will be held Feb. 1-15.
For more information, call 919-227-2231 or email firstname.lastname@example.org@knightdalenc.gov.
• Corinth Community Recreation is now registering for spring baseball, T-ball and softball for ages 4 to 14.
Register in person at Corinth Holders Elementary School from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. each Saturday through Feb. 1. Registrations will be accepted on a first come, first served basis.
The cost for baseball and softball is $60 for the first child and $50 for the second child. T-ball costs are $40 for the first child and $35 for the second child. Applicants may also register online at www.ccrpirates.com.
Corinth Holders Elementary School is located at 3976 N.C. Highway 231, Zebulon.
• N.C. Hustle basketball tryouts for 11U and 12U will take place from 6 to 8 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 9, at the Abundant Life Center, 4400 Old Poole Road, Raleigh.
Practices will run from 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesdays from March 4 through June 24. The registration fee is $5 at the door. For more information, email email@example.com@gmail.com.
• The Tri-County Soccer Club is holding spring registrations and is looking for players for its U12 boys and girls challenge division.
For more information, email Darin Dixon at firstname.lastname@example.org@gmail.com.
• Knightdale Parks and Recreation now offers Katandi classes on Fridays from 6:30-8 p.m. at the Knightdale Recreation Center, 102 Lawson Ridge Road.
The cost is $5 per class for adults. Children age 15 or younger can attend for $3 or for free if accompanied by an adult.
Katandi West African rhythmic movement connects with the rhythms of African drums while learning fundamental and traditional movements derived from Guinea, Mali and Senegal.
• The Knightdale Recreation Center is offering several fitness opportunities for children ages 2-5.
Kindertot, for 2-year-olds, meets Thursdays 3-3:30 p.m. at a cost of $35 per month (four sessions). The program is designed to develop gross motor skills, movement creativity, physical development and body awareness, while learning numbers, colors, shapes and songs.
Kinderdance, for ages 3-5, meets Thursdays 2-2:45 p.m. at a cost of $42 per month. This is a developmental dance, movement and fitness program taught on three levels. It teaches the basics of ballet, tap, acrobatics and creative movement while blending educational concepts.
Kindergym, for ages 3-5, meets Wednesdays 4-4:30 p.m. at a cost of $35 per month. This is a developmental floor gymnastics program with emphasis on social and gross motor development, physical fitness and movement education, while learning numbers, colors, shapes and words.
For more information or to register for one of the programs, Knightdale Town Hall, 950 Steeple Square Court, or call owner/instructor Elizabeth Littleton at 919-274-7055.
• Knightdale Parks and Recreation is now offering Wednesday night yoga classes at the new K-Fit Center, 426 N. First Ave.
The classes run from 5:45-7 p.m. at a cost of $7 per class. Participants are asked to bring their own mat and bottled water.
For more information, call 919-217-2236.
• Zumba classes are held from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. every Tuesday at the K-Fit Center. The cost is $5 per class, pay at time of class.
• Mandy’s Aerobics is an ongoing class held at the K-Fit Center.
Class are held Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays 8:30-9 a.m. (abs) and 9-10 a.m. (step/sculpt).
Classes also meet Tuesdays and Wednesdays 6:30-7:30 p.m., and Sundays beginning at 6 p.m.
The cost is $5 per class, and all equipment is provided except for a mat or towel and water bottle.
For more information, call 919-217-2236.
The Wendell Community Center, 601 W. Third St., has several offerings for those interested in exercising. For more information on the following programs, call the center at 919-366-2266.
• Total Body Fitness with Beth Narron is held Tuesdays and Thursdays at 8 a.m. and Zumba is held Tuesdays at 6 p.m.
• Boot Camp fitness class with Beth Narron meets Wednesdays at 7 p.m.
• The community center weight room is open Monday to Thursday 7 a.m.-9 p.m. and Friday 7 a.m.-4 p.m. The cost for all members is $10 per month.
The Zebulon Community Center, 301 S. Arendell Ave., has several offerings for those interested in exercise and health-related events. For more information on the following programs, call the center at 919-823-0432.
• Kid’s Fitness for grades K-5 gives children an opportunity to learn more about fitness, exercise and healthy eating.
The class, instructed by Amy Scaggs, consists of age-appropriate exercises (cardio and body weight muscle work), games that include moving and a short lesson on healthy eating.
There is a five-child minimum and 12-child maximum for the classes, which will meet Thursdays from 4-5 p.m. The cost per month is $15 for residents and $20 for nonresidents.
• Zumba classes are offered Mondays and Wednesday from 6-7 p.m. Yoga classes are held Wednesdays at 9 a.m. and Thursdays at 6 p.m.
Strength training is offered Thursdays at 9 a.m., and trekking meets Tuesdays at 9 a.m. Use your get fit pass ($25 for residents and $30 for nonresidents) or pay $5 per class.
• Senior aerobics are held Thursdays at 10 a.m. and cost $3 for Zebulon residents and $4 for out-of-town residents per visit. Senior walking group meets Wednesdays at 10 a.m.
• Family gym time is offered Mondays 4-5:30 p.m. for children 15 and younger with parental supervision. The sessions are free. Children ages 7-12 can take part in open gym on Tuesdays 4:30-5:30 p.m. for $1 per visit. Open gym for youth ages 13-17 is Wednesdays from 4-5:30 p.m. for $1 per visit. And open gym for adults 18 and older is offered on Tuesdays 6:30-8 p.m. at a cost of $2 for residents and $3 for nonresidents.
• Karate classes are held Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7 p.m. Cost is $35 for Zebulon residents, $45 for out-of-town residents.
• Senior cards time is held for free Tuesdays and Fridays at 10 a.m.
• Free walking programs are offered Monday through Friday, 7-11 a.m.