Gospel talent showcase
A gospel talent singing showcase will take place Friday, Nov. 8, at Riley Hill Baptist Church, 6101 Riley Hill Road, Wendell. There is no admission fee. For more information, call 919-365-5277.
A fall bazaar will take place from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 9, at Union Hope Baptist Church, 12712 N.C. 97 West, Zebulon. Breakfast will be served from 8-10 a.m., lunch from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. The bazaar will include a country store, craft, Christmas and toy stores, home and garden vendors, baked goods, candy, sports stores, and sealed bids. For more information, call 919-269-5217.
The Women’s Ministry at Rocky Cross Baptist Church will host its annual jewelry sale and Christmas brunch from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday, Nov. 9, in the fellowship hall, 13452 Burgess Road, Middlesex. All sales will go to the Rocky Cross Community Playground for maintenance and improvements.
Zebulon United Methodist Church is collecting gently used coats of all sizes, as well as scarves, gloves, blankets and other cold weather accessories. These items will be distributed at the “Warming the Heart of the Community” event from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 9. Donations can be made at the church office at the corner of North Church Avenue and Sycamore Street, Zebulon, or at Wakefield Central Baptist Church, 308 Proctor St., Zebulon, Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. For more information, call 919-269-7531.
A community clothing giveaway will be hosted from 9 a.m. to noon Nov. 16, at Hales Baptist Church, 13396 N.C. 39, Zebulon. Used toys in good condition and household goods will also be available. For more information, call 252-235-4538.
A fall festival will be held from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. Nov. 16, at Baptist Tabernacle Church, 1599 N.C. 231, Wendell. Events include a yard sale, bake shop, country store, cake auction, raffle and door prizes. For more information, call 919-365-5558.
White Oak Baptist Church in Archer Lodge will have its annual bazaar at 6 p.m. Nov. 22, at the Archer Lodge Community Center, 14009 Buffalo Road. The event will start with a choice of soups, sandwiches, hot dogs and desserts for sale. The Craft and Baked Good Sale will begin at 6:30 p.m. Selected larger items will be featured at the Silent Auction, 6:30-8 p.m., and door prizes will be given throughout the evening. The proceeds will go to mission projects. For more information, call 919-553-7560 or visit www.whiteoakchurch.us.
The grief support group at Covenant Presbyterian Church will meet on the second and fourth Thursday of each month at 7 p.m, at the office of the church, 125 South Selma Road, Wendell. For more information, call 919-365-7979.
• Word of God Church in Zebulon has Bible study at 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Call 252-452-7674.
• The Women’s Study Group at Zebulon United Methodist Church meets 9-10:30 a.m. Tuesdays. Call 919-269-9408.
• The couples fellowship of Zebulon First Baptist Church meets at 7 p.m. the third Friday of each month at 304 E. Barbee St., Zebulon. Call 919-269-7355.
• Mt. Zion Holiness Church, 405 E. Stronach Ave., Zebulon, has Bible study at noon and 7 p.m. each Wednesday. Call 919-227-6266.
• Wendell Baptist Preschool is registering children ages 2-4 for the 2013-14 half-day preschool program. It also offers a five-day pre-kindergarten program. Call 919-365-3103.
• Zebulon United Methodist Church Preschool offers two-, three- and five-day programs for children ages 16 months to 4 years. Call 919-269-6554 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Heritage Baptist Church Preschool is accepting children for the 2013-2014 school year. The church offers programs for children ages 6 weeks through 4 years. Call 919-269-6915.
• Green Pines Baptist Church operates a food pantry 6-6:45 p.m. Wednesdays at 1498 Hodge Road, Knightdale.
• Mt. Zion United Holiness Church runs a soup kitchen 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Monday-Friday at 405 E. Stronach Ave., Zebulon.
• Brown Bag Ministry serves free lunches 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Saturdays at Zebulon United Methodist Church, 121 W. Gannon Ave. For more information, call Cindy Privette at 919-269-8359.
• Table of Grace offers dinners at 6 p.m. on the last Monday of the month at Wendell United Methodist Church, 129 N. Main St.
Send faith notes to email@example.com.