Hot dog supper
A free hot dog supper will be held from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 30, at Wakefield Central Baptist Church, 308 Proctor St., Zebulon. The supper will include chips, baked beans and dessert. A trunk-or-treat event will also be held for children through sixth grade. Participants may bring canned food to donate to the food bank for a prize.
Trunk or Treat
Pearce Baptist Church will host its “Trunk or Treat” event from 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 31, at 4634 Pearces Road, Zebulon. Games and craft events will be held, and candy will be passed out. For more information, call 919-269-7510 or email email@example.com.
Barbecue and Brunswick stew sale
A Brunswick stew and barbecue chicken sale will be held Saturday, Nov. 2, at Clyde’s Chapel Baptist Church, 16657 Buffalo Road, Wendell. Drive-thru will begin at 4:30 p.m., with dine-in beginning at 5 p.m. Plates are $8, stew is $6 and children ages 6-12 eat for $4.
Community yard sale
A yard sale will be held from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 2, at Riley Hill Baptist Church, 6101 Riley Hill Road, Wendell. For more information, call 919-961-9730.
Rev. Dr. Arthur L. Stanback will celebrate his tenth anniversary as pastor of Wakefield Missionary Baptist Church, 809 Proctor St., Zebulon, at 3 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 3. Rev. Dr. Enoch Holloway will speak at the service. For more information, call 919-949-6919.
Ushers’ Auxiliary program
The Wendell First Baptist Church Ushers’ Auxiliary will celebrate its annual program at 3 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 3. The Rev. Sarah Smith, pastor of New Hope Missionary Baptist Church, will deliver a message. For more information, call 919-365-3726.
Gospel talent showcase
A Gospel talent singing showcase will take place Friday, Nov. 8, at Riley Hill Baptist Church, 6101 Riley Hill Road, Wendell. There is no admission fee. For more information, call 919-365-5277.
Zebulon United Methodist Church is collecting gently used coats of all sizes, as well as scarves, gloves, blankets and other cold weather accessories. These items will be distributed at the “Warming the Heart of the Community” event from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 9. Donations can be made at the church office at the corner of North Church Avenue and Sycamore Street, Zebulon, or at Wakefield Central Baptist Church, 308 Proctor St., Zebulon, Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. For more information, call 919-269-7531.
White Oak Baptist Church in Archer Lodge will have its annual bazaar at 6 p.m. Friday, Nov. 22, at the Archer Lodge Community Center, 14009 Buffalo Road. The event will start with a choice of soups, sandwiches, hot dogs and desserts for sale. The Craft and Baked Good Sale will begin at 6:30 p.m. Selected larger items will be featured at the Silent Auction, 6:30-8 p.m., and door prizes will be given throughout the evening. The proceeds will go to mission projects. For more information, call 919-553-7560 or visit www.whiteoakchurch.us.
The grief support group at Covenant Presbyterian Church will meet on the second and fourth Thursday of each month at 7 p.m, at the office of the church, 125 South Selma Road, Wendell. For more information, call 919-365-7979.
• Word of God Church in Zebulon has Bible study at 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Call 252-452-7674.
• The Women’s Study Group at Zebulon United Methodist Church meets 9-10:30 a.m. Tuesdays. Call 919-269-9408.
• The couples fellowship of Zebulon First Baptist Church meets at 7 p.m. the third Friday of each month at 304 E. Barbee St., Zebulon. Call 919-269-7355.
• Mt. Zion Holiness Church, 405 E. Stronach Ave., Zebulon, has Bible study at noon and 7 p.m. each Wednesday. Call 919-227-6266.
• Wendell Baptist Preschool is registering children ages 2-4 for the 2013-14 half-day preschool program. It also offers a five-day pre-kindergarten program. Call 919-365-3103.
• Zebulon United Methodist Church Preschool offers two-, three- and five-day programs for children ages 16 months to 4 years. Call 919-269-6554 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Heritage Baptist Church Preschool is accepting children for the 2013-2014 school year. The church offers programs for children ages 6 weeks through 4 years. Call 919-269-6915.
• Green Pines Baptist Church operates a food pantry 6-6:45 p.m. Wednesdays at 1498 Hodge Road, Knightdale.
• Mt. Zion United Holiness Church runs a soup kitchen 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Monday-Friday at 405 E. Stronach Ave., Zebulon.
• Brown Bag Ministry serves free lunches 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Saturdays at Zebulon United Methodist Church, 121 W. Gannon Ave. For more information, call Cindy Privette at 919-269-8359.
• Table of Grace offers dinners at 6 p.m. on the last Monday of the month at Wendell United Methodist Church, 129 N. Main St.
Send faith notes to email@example.com.