Now Faith Community Baptist Church will celebrate the 10th pastoral anniversary of Rev. Daniel Blackmond and First Lady Holly Blackmond with a banquet at 7 p.m. Friday, Sept. 20 and services at 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 22. Rev. Lloyd Smith will speak at the banquet. Rev. Michael Blackmond, Jr. will speak at the 11 a.m. service and Rev. Ronald Avery will speak at the 3 p.m. service. For more information and for banquet tickets, call 919-266-4709.
A barbecue chicken fundraiser will be 11 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Friday, Sept. 20, at Vision Baptist Church, 7633 Buffaloe Road, Raleigh. A plate costs $8 and includes half a chicken, potatoes, green beans, dessert and bread.
Barbecue plate sale
Riley Hill Baptist Church will hold a barbecue plate sale at noon Sunday, Sept. 29 at the church at 6101 Riley Hill Road, Wendell. Plates are $6 and include grilled chicken, barbecue, string beans, potatoes, slaw, rolls and dessert. Tickets will be sold in advance. Contact Barbara Johnson at 919-901-3996 by Sept. 21, to purchase advance tickets.
Northside Community Church will host a free open house event from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 21, at 621 N. First Ave., Knightdale. Event includes bounce house and slide, popcorn, snow cones, cotton candy and crafts for the kids, live music, food, a tour of the renovated church, and giveaways. For more information, visit www.northsidecommunity.com.
Knightdale United Methodist Church is holding a homecoming event from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. Sunday, Sept. 22 at the church at 7071 Forestville Road, Knightdale. Knightdale native Carol Whitley Dean is the preacher for the day. Dinner on the grounds will follow the 11 a.m. service. For more information, call 919-266-2373.
Deacons and trustees day
The Wendell First Baptist Church Deacons and Trustees invite the public to celebrate the church’s 29th year at 3 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 22. The Rev. Paul Davis, pastor of First Baptist Church, Bailey, will be the guest messenger, along with his congregation.
The Rick Webb Family will be in concert at 6 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 28 at Baptist Tabernacle Church, Hwy 231, Wendell. A love offering will be taken.
A Night of Hope
Eternity Praise and Worship and 3:16 Outreach Ministry will hold A Night of Hope from 2 p.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 28, in the parking lot of the Piggly Wiggly, 410 W. Gannon Ave., Zebulon. Pastor Ricky Brantley will speak and The Matt Bartlett Band will perform. The event will also feature food, games, prizes and face painting. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or search for Eternity Praise and Worship on Facebook.
Yard sale & silent auction
Wendell Christian Church will host a silent auction and yard sale 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Oct. 4-5 at the church, 421 Mattox St. The sales will include household items, books, baked goods, sporting goods, crafts, and more. Hot dogs and drinks will be sold Oct. 5.
The grief support group at Covenant Presbyterian Church will meet on the second and fourth Thursday of each month at 7 p.m.
• Word of God Church in Zebulon has Bible study at 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Call 252-452-7674.
• The Women’s Study Group at Zebulon United Methodist Church meets 9-10:30 a.m. Tuesdays. Call 919-269-9408.
• The couples fellowship of Zebulon First Baptist Church meets at 7 p.m. the third Friday of each month at 304 E. Barbee St., Zebulon. Call 919-269-7355.
• Mt. Zion Holiness Church, 405 E. Stronach Ave., Zebulon, has Bible study at noon and 7 p.m. each Wednesday. Call 919-227-6266.
• An adult singles group meets at 7 p.m. the second and fourth Saturdays of the month at Pearces Baptist Church, 4634 Pearces Road, Zebulon. Call 919-269-9768 or email email@example.com.
• Wendell Baptist Preschool is registering 2- to 4-year-olds for the 2013-14 half-day preschool program. It also offers a five-day pre-kindergarten program. Call 919-365-3103.
• Zebulon United Methodist Church Preschool offers two-, three- and five-day programs for children ages 16 months to 4 years. Call 919-269-6554 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Heritage Baptist Church Preschool is accepting children for the 2013-2014 school year. The church offers programs for children ages 6 weeks through 4 years. Call 919-269-6915.
• Green Pines Baptist Church operates a food pantry 6-6:45 p.m. Wednesdays at 1498 Hodge Road, Knightdale.
• Mt. Zion United Holiness Church runs a soup kitchen 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Monday-Friday at 405 E. Stronach Ave., Zebulon.
• Brown Bag Ministry serves free lunches 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Saturdays at Zebulon United Methodist Church, 121 W. Gannon Ave. For more information, call Cindy Privette at 919-269-8359.
• Table of Grace offers dinners at 6 p.m. on the last Monday of the month at Wendell United Methodist Church, 129 N. Main St.
Send faith notes to email@example.com.