Sports registrations open
• Registration is still open for the Wendell Rams youth flag football, tackle football and cheerleading programs for ages 5-12.
For more information, call Len Boykin at 919-291-8985.
• Wendell Parks and Recreation is accepting registrations for the Tiny Basketball league until Thursday, Sept. 5. The league is for ages 3-4 and will teach players the fundamentals of basketball. For more information, contact Tim Kay at 919-366-2266.
• Registration for the Tri-County Soccer Club fall season is now open for players ages 2-15.
For more information, visit tcsoccerclub.net or call Darin Dixon at 919-760-5126.
• Knightdale Parks and Recreation is accepting registrations for its adult coed softball and kickball until the teams are filled.
The cost for softball is $35 per player and the cost for kickball is $25 per player.
For more information on the Knightdale programs, contact the parks and recreation department at 919-217-2231 or email Jay Chalk at email@example.com.
• Football and cheer registration for the Knightdale Dragons Pop Warner organization is now open.
The cost for flag football is $80, cheerleading is $100 and tackle football is $120 per player. The program is open to youths ages 5-15.
A registration form can be filled out online at knightdaledragons.com.
• Registration is now open for the Knightdale Knights youth football and cheerleading program for children ages 5-12.
The cost is $50 for flag football or mascot cheer and $100 for tackle football or cheerleading.
For more information or to register, visit knightdaleknights.org.
Golf tournament date set
The annual Mossey Faison Eastern Wake Invitational will be held Aug. 24-25 at Wendell Country Club.
The deadline to register for the two-man, best ball tournament is Aug. 22. The field is open to the first 150 players (75 teams) to register.
The cost is $95 per player and includes the tournament rounds and lunch both days, and a practice round. Practice rounds may be played Aug. 21-23, carts included.
The tournament will be played from the white tees both days, except for teams that qualify for the Championship A or B flight for the Sunday round. Those flights will play from blue tees Sunday.
Players 65 and older may play from the gold tees both days, but must play from the white tees Sunday if they qualify for a Championship flight. Prizes will be awarded to the top team in each flight.
For more information, call Wendell Country Club at 919-365-7337.
Mason Day, a softball tournament to raise awareness of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia Type B, will be held at 9 a.m. Aug. 24-25, on the fields at Zebulon Elementary, 700 Proctor St., Zebulon. The event will celebrate the journey of Mason Brantley, who was diagnosed with the disease. The event will also feature a cornhole tournament, vendors, raffles, food and a Sunday morning service.
Boys & Girls hoops league opens
The Zebulon Boys & Girls Club’s summer basketball league registration is now open for two age divisions – ages 10-12 and ages 13-15.
The cost to register is $10. For more information, visit the club at 1320 Shepard School Road or call 919-404-1087.
Yoga meets in Knightdale
Knightdale Parks and Recreation is now offering Wednesday night yoga classes at the Knightdale Clubhouse.
The classes will run from 5:45 p.m. to 7 p.m. at a cost of $7 per class. Participants are asked to bring their own mat and bottled water.
For more information, call 919-217-2236.
Aerobics classes ongoing
Mandy’s Aerobics is an ongoing class held at the Knightdale Recreation Center.
Class are held Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 8:30 to 9 a.m. (abs) and 9-10 a.m. (step/sculpt).
Classes also meet Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., and Sundays beginning at 6 p.m.
The cost is $5 per class, and all equipment is provided except for a mat or towel and water bottle.
For more information, call 919-217-2236.
Zebulon holds fitness classes
The Zebulon Community Center has several offerings for those interested in exercising.
• Zumba classes are offered Mondays and Wednesday from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.. Yoga classes are held Tuesdays at 9 a.m. and Thursdays at 6 p.m. Strength training is offered Thursday at 9 a.m. Use your “get fit” pass or pay $5 per class. Senior aerobics are held Thursdays at 10 a.m. and cost $3 for Zebulon residents and $4 for out-of-town residents per visit.
• Open gym time is offered Mondays from 4 to 5:30 p.m. for children 15 and under with parental supervision. The sessions are free. Children ages 7-12 can take part in open gym on Thursdays from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. for $1 per visit. Youths ages 13-17 can take part in open gym on Wednesdays from 4 to 5:30 p.m. for $1 per visit. And open gym for adults 18 and older is offered on Tuesdays from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
• Karate classes are held Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7 p.m. Cost is $35 for Zebulon residents, $45 for out-of-town residents.
• Senior cards time is held Tuesdays and Fridays at 10 a.m. There is no cost.
• Walking programs are offered Monday through Friday from 7 to 11 a.m. There is no cost.
Workouts in Wendell
The Wendell Community Center has several offerings for those interested in exercising.
• Total Body Fitness with Beth Narron is held Tuesdays at 8 a.m. and Zumba is held Tuesdays at 6 p.m.
• Bootcamp Fitness Class with Beth Narron meets Wednesdays at 7 p.m. and another round of Total Body Fitness is held Tuesdays and Thursdays at 8 a.m.
• The community center weight room is open Monday-Thursday from 6 a.m.-9 p.m. and Friday from 6 a.m.-4 p.m. The cost is $10 per month for residents and $20 per month for nonresidents.