Sports registrations open
• Registration is still open for the Wendell Rams youth flag football, tackle football and cheerleading programs for ages 5-12.
For more information, call Len Boykin at 919-291-8985.
• Registration for the Tri-County Soccer Club fall season is now open for players ages 2-15.
For more information, visit tcsoccerclub.net or call Darin Dixon at 919-760-5126.
• Knightdale Parks and Recreation is accepting registrations for its adult coed softball and kickball until the teams are filled.
The cost for softball is $35 per player and the cost for kickball is $25 per player.
For more information on the Knightdale programs, contact the parks and recreation department at 919-217-2231 or email Jay Chalk at firstname.lastname@example.org@knightdalenc.gov.
• Football and cheer registration for the Knightdale Dragons Pop Warner organization is now open.
The cost for flag football is $80, cheerleading is $100 and tackle football is $120 per player. The program is open to youth ages 5-15.
A registration form can be filled out online at knightdaledragons.com.
• Registration is now open for the Knightdale Knights youth football and cheerleading program for children ages 5-12.
The cost is $50 for flag football or mascot cheer and $100 for tackle football or cheerleading.
For more information, or to register, visit knightdaleknights.org.
Golf tournament date set
The annual Mossey Faison Eastern Wake Invitational will be held Aug. 24-25 at Wendell Country Club.
The deadline to register for the two-man, best ball tournament is Aug. 22. The field is open to the first 150 players (75 teams) to register.
The cost is $95 per player, and includes the tournament rounds and lunch both days, and a practice round. Practice rounds may be played Aug. 19-23, carts included.
The tournament will be played from the white tees both days, except for teams that qualify for the Championship A or B flight for the Sunday round. Those flights will play from blue tees Sunday.
Players 65 and older may play from the gold tees both days, but must play from the white tees Sunday if they qualify for a Championship flight. Prizes will be awarded to the top team in each flight.
For more information, call Wendell Country Club at 919-365-7337.
Boys & Girls hoops league opens
The Zebulon Boys & Girls Club’s summer basketball league registration is now open for two age divisions – ages 10-12 and ages 13-15.
The cost to register is $10. For more information, visit the club at 1320 Shepard School Road or call 919-404-1087.
Yoga meets in Knightdale
Knightdale Parks and Recreation is now offering Wednesday night yoga classes at the Knightdale Clubhouse.
The classes will run from 5:45 p.m. to 7 p.m. at a cost of $7 per class. Participants are asked to bring their own mat and bottled water.
For more information, call 919-217-2236.
Aerobics classes ongoing
Mandy’s Aerobics is an ongoing class held at the Knightdale Recreation Center.
Class are held Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 8:30-9 a.m. (abs) and 9-10 a.m. (step/sculpt).
Classes also meet Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 6:30-7:30 p.m., and Sundays beginning at 6 p.m.
The cost is $5 per class, and all equipment is provided except for a mat or towel and water bottle.
For more information, call 217-2236.
Zebulon holds fitness classes
The Zebulon Community Center has several offerings for those interested in exercising.
• Boot Camp PM meets on Tuesdays through Nov. 13 from 6:30-7:30 p.m. at the Zebulon Community Center.
The six-week program is taught by Andrea Gravenhorst and is designed to benefit both athletes and fitness beginners.
The cost is $25 for residents and $30 for nonresidents. For more information, call the center at 919-823-0432.
• Beginners trekking will meet on Wednesdays from Nov. 7-28.
Those interested in some outdoor walking can meet at the Zebulon Community Center for the 10-11 a.m. sessions with Amy Skaggs. In the event of inclement weather, the program will meet inside the community center.
The cost of the six-session program is $18 per resident and $24 for nonresidents. For more information, call the center at 919-823-0432.
• Yoga classes are held Thursdays from 6-7 p.m. at the Zebulon Community Center under the instruction of Ganel Johnson.
The cost is $25 for residents and $30 for nonresidents for seven sessions. For more information, call the community center at 823-0432.
• Zumba classes are held on Mondays from 6-7 p.m. under the instruction of Jennifer Underwood.
The cost for seven sessions is $25 for residents and $30 for nonresidents, or $5 for one class.
• The Get Fit Pass is good for seven sessions of four different classes held at the Zebulon Community Center.
Zumba meets Mondays and Wednesdays from 6-7 p.m., Trekking meets Tuesdays from 9-9:50 a.m., Pilates meets Wednesdays from 9-9:50 a.m., and Strength Training meets Thursdays from 9-9:50 a.m.
The cost for seven sessions is $25 for residents and $30 for nonresidents.
Workouts in Wendell
The Wendell Community Center has several offerings for those interested in exercising.
• Total Body Fitness with Beth Narron is held Tuesdays at 8 a.m. and Zumba is held Tuesdays at 6 p.m.
• Bootcamp Fitness Class with Beth Narron meets Wednesdays at 7 p.m. and another round of Total Body Fitness is held Tuesdays and Thursdays at 8 a.m.
• The community center weight room is open Monday-Thursday from 6 a.m.-9 p.m. and Friday from 6 a.m.-4 p.m. The cost is $10 per month for residents and $20 per month for nonresidents.