‘Alice in Wonderland’
Members of the Zebulon Boys & Girls Club will present the play “Alice in Wonderland” at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 7, at 1320 Shepard School Road. Admission is free.
A community wellness event, Commit to be Fit, will be held Friday, Aug. 16, at the Wake County Housing Authority Zebulon location, 100 Shannon Drive. Wendell and Zebulon Housing Authority residents can earn “healthy bucks” to spend on fresh fruits and vegetables from the Mobile Market. For more information, call Burnetta Smith at 919-269-6404, ext. 11.
East Regional Library events
East Regional Library has an extensive list of activities for the whole family in August, at 946 Steeple Square Court, Knightdale. David Kilbride, a violinist with the North Carolina Symphony, will perform at 11:30 a.m. Aug. 8. East Regional Library will offer free SAT and ACT practice test sessions 10 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 17 and a results and strategies for improvement at the “give back” review 7 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 5 . Find a complete list of events at wakegov.com/libraries or call 919-217-5300.
Christian singles night
Believers Community is having a Christian singles summer outreach event 7:15 p.m. Friday, Aug. 16, at Five County Stadium in Zebulon for the Carolina Mudcats game against the Myrtle Beach Pelicans. For tickets go to nightonthetown2002.tripod.com or call, 919-269-2287 and ask to be seated with the Charles Kile group.
The Wake County Public School System will offer Historias cortas en Español (short stories in Spanish) Part I 6:30-8:30 p.m. Mondays, Aug. 19-Sept. 30, at Knightdale High School, 100 Bryan Chalk Lane, Knightdale. For information, call 919-431-7593 or visit cs.wcpss.net/index.
Senior Center events
• An Introduction to Line Dance class is at noon Fridays at 323 Lake Drive, Wendell. The class runs throughout August. Call the center at 919-365-4248.
• The Rex Mobile Mammography Unit will be at the center 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 29, at 323 Lake Drive, Wendell. For appointments, call 919-365-4248.
• The center is hosting its annual free community health fair 9 a.m.-noon, Thursday, Sept. 12. Participants can get flu shots, have blood pressure screenings and compete for door prizes at the Wendell Community Center, 601 W. Third St.
A pancake breakfast is set for 8-10 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 31, at Applebee’s, 6609 Knightdale. The cost is $7. Proceeds will help pay for medical expenses for Tammy Zukoski, who has cancer. For information, call 919-665-1672.
Registration is open for the annual Zombie Escape 5K race set for 9 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 14, in Youngsville. For more information, go to raleighmudrun.com. Proceeds benefit the Shepherd Youth Ranch and the Raleigh Jaycees.
Parade sign up
The Wendell Chamber of Commerce is accepting vendor applications and float entries for the Harvest Festival parade. For applications go to www.wendellchamber.com or call 919-365-6318. Entries will be judged for best looking float. The festival is Oct. 4 and 5.
Beyond the Gate Ministries is collecting books for the “Pajama Program of Raleigh.” Books will be given to children in the Wake County foster care system who are waiting to be adopted.
The nonprofit is also collecting new pajamas (newborn to XXXL). Drop donations at Total Connection, 7 W. Third St., Wendell or Dream Coat Ministries, 861 Old Knight Road, Suite 112, Knightdale. Contact 919-201-0909 or firstname.lastname@example.org@gmail.com.
K’dale Parks & Rec
Knightdale Parks & Recreation has scheduled the following summer activities:
• Water Aerobics: 8:15 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays, at the Knightdale Community Pool, 202 Milburnie Road.
• Aerobics Classes: 8:30-10 a.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays; 6:30-7:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and 6-7 p.m. Sunday, at the Knightdale Recreation Center, 102 Lawson Ridge Road.
• Yoga: 5:45-7 p.m. Wednesdays at the Knightdale Clubhouse, 202 Milburnie Road.
• Zumba: 6:30-7:30 p.m. Tuesdays at the Knightdale Clubhouse, 202 Milburnie Road.
• The community pool is open. The hours are 11 a.m.-6:30 p.m. Monday-Saturday and noon-6 p.m. Sundays. For information on rentals, swim lessons and summer passes, call 919-217-2232. Visit knightdalenc.gov.
East Wake Education Foundation offers summer learning activities for preschool children 10 a.m. Monday through Thursday, at 16 E. Fourth St. Wendell. For information, call 919-366-5901.
• The Knightdale Farmers Market is open 4-7 p.m. Thursdays throughout the summer, at 207 Main St., Knightdale. Call Chris Roland 919-217-2234 or visit knightdalenc.gov.
• The Wendell Farmers Market is open 8 a.m.-noon Saturdays. Visit wendellfarmersmarket.org or call 252-886-1939, or email email@example.com@wendellfarmersmarket.org.
Zebulon Community Library events
Toddler storytime for walkers to age 3 is 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays and 11:30 a.m. Thursdays. Preschool storytime for 3- to 5-year-olds is 10:30 a.m. Wednesdays. Storytime and More for 3- to 5-year-olds is 6 p.m. Mondays. Kindergarten to fifth-grade Adventures is 4:30-5:30 p.m. Thursdays, at 1000 Dogwood Drive. For information, visit wakegov.com/libraries/locations or call 919-404-3610.
Wendell Community Library events
Storytime for preschoolers is 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Call 919-365-2600 or go to 207 S. Hollybrook Road.
The Five County Beekeepers Association meets at 7 p.m. on the third Tuesday of each month at the Zebulon Community Center. Guests are welcome to join. For information visit 5cba.org or call Bryon Way, 919-295-0245.
Send announcements at least two weeks before the event to firstname.lastname@example.org.