Sports registrations open
• Registration is still open for the Wendell Rams youth flag football, tackle football and cheerleading programs for ages 5-12.
For more information, call Len Boykin at 919-291-8985.
• Registration for the Tri-County Soccer Club fall season is now open for players ages 2-15.
For more information, visit tcsoccerclub.net or call Darin Dixon at 919-760-5126.
• Knightdale Parks and Recreation is accepting registrations for its adult coed softball and kickball until the teams are filled.
The cost for softball is $35 per player and the cost for kickball is $25 per player.
For more information on the Knightdale programs, contact the parks and recreation department at 919-217-2231 or email Jay Chalk at email@example.com@knightdalenc.gov.
• Football and cheer registration for the Knightdale Dragons Pop Warner organization is now open.
The cost for flag football is $80, cheerleading is $100 and tackle football is $120 per player. The program is open to youth ages 5-15.
A registration form can be filled out online at knightdaledragons.com.
• Registration is now open for the Knightdale Knights youth football and cheerleading program for children ages 5-12.
The cost is $50 for flag football or mascot cheer and $100 for tackle football or cheerleading.
For more information, or to register, visit knightdaleknights.org.
• Corinth Community Recreation is now accepting football and cheerleading registrations for the fall season.
Registration fees are $90 per child and $80 for each additional child.
Conditioning camp will be held Aug. 5-6 and Aug. 8-9 from 6-8 p.m. at no additional charge. Regular practice will begin Aug. 13 at 6:30 p.m.
Registration forms are available online at ccrpirates.com. For more information, call Greg Parrish at 919-796-8226.
Boys & Girls hoops league opens
The Zebulon Boys & Girls Club’s summer basketball league registration is now open for two age divisions – ages 10-12 and ages 13-15.
The cost to register is $10. For more information, visit the club at 1320 Shepard School Road or call 919-404-1087.
Yoga meets in Knightdale
Knightdale Parks and Recreation is now offering Wednesday night yoga classes at the Knightdale Clubhouse.
The classes will run from 5:45 p.m. to 7 p.m. at a cost of $7 per class. Participants are asked to bring their own mat and bottled water.
For more information, call 919-217-2236.
Aerobics classes ongoing
Mandy’s Aerobics is an ongoing class held at the Knightdale Recreation Center.
Class are held Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 8:30-9 a.m. (abs) and 9-10 a.m. (step/sculpt).
Classes also meet Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 6:30-7:30 p.m., and Sundays beginning at 6 p.m.
The cost is $5 per class, and all equipment is provided except for a mat or towel and water bottle.
For more information, call 217-2236.
Zebulon holds fitness classes
The Zebulon Community Center has several offerings for those interested in exercising.
• Boot Camp PM meets on Tuesdays through Nov. 13 from 6:30-7:30 p.m. at the Zebulon Community Center.
The six-week program is taught by Andrea Gravenhorst and is designed to benefit both athletes and fitness beginners.
The cost is $25 for residents and $30 for nonresidents. For more information, call the center at 919-823-0432.
• Beginners trekking will meet on Wednesdays from Nov. 7-28.
Those interested in some outdoor walking can meet at the Zebulon Community Center for the 10-11 a.m. sessions with Amy Skaggs. In the event of inclement weather, the program will meet inside the community center.
The cost of the six-session program is $18 per resident and $24 for nonresidents. For more information, call the center at 919-823-0432.
• Yoga classes are held Thursdays from 6-7 p.m. at the Zebulon Community Center under the instruction of Ganel Johnson.
The cost is $25 for residents and $30 for nonresidents for seven sessions. For more information, call the community center at 823-0432.
• Zumba classes are held on Mondays from 6-7 p.m. under the instruction of Jennifer Underwood.
The cost for seven sessions is $25 for residents and $30 for nonresidents, or $5 for one class.
• The Get Fit Pass is good for seven sessions of four different classes held at the Zebulon Community Center.
Zumba meets Mondays and Wednesdays from 6-7 p.m., Trekking meets Tuesdays from 9-9:50 a.m., Pilates meets Wednesdays from 9-9:50 a.m., and Strength Training meets Thursdays from 9-9:50 a.m.
The cost for seven sessions is $25 for residents and $30 for nonresidents.
Workouts in Wendell
The Wendell Community Center has several offerings for those interested in exercising.
• Total Body Fitness with Beth Narron is held Tuesdays at 8 a.m. and Zumba is held Tuesdays at 6 p.m.
• Bootcamp Fitness Class with Beth Narron meets Wednesdays at 7 p.m. and another round of Total Body Fitness is held Tuesdays and Thursdays at 8 a.m.
• The community center weight room is open Monday-Thursday from 6 a.m.-9 p.m. and Friday from 6 a.m.-4 p.m. The cost is $10 per month for residents and $20 per month for nonresidents.