The Wendell Community Center will host the Rex Hospital Blood-Mobile on Tuesday, July 30. The blood drive is organized by The Kendell Project, a foundation started in memory of Kendell Anderson that helps special needs children with blood diseases. Sign up for the blood drive at mysignup.com/thekendallproject.
A pancake breakfast is set for 8-10 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 31, at Applebee’s, 6609 Knightdale. The cost is $7. Proceeds will help pay for medical expenses for Tammy Zukoski, who has cancer. For information, call 919-665-1672.
The annual Food Lion car show fundraiser to support Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals is noon-4 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 3, at 50 Neuse River Parkway, Clayton. The event features classic and show cars and vendors. The entry fee is $20. For information, call 919-550-2476. Lizard Lick “Mayor” Charles Wood is helping organize the event.
‘Alice in Wonderland’
Members of the Zebulon Boys & Girls Club will present the play “Alice in Wonderland” at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 7, at 1320 Shepard School Road. Admission is free.
Senior Center events
• An Introduction to Line Dance class begins at noon Friday, Aug. 2, at 323 Lake Dive, Wendell. The classes run throughout August. For information, call the center at 919-365-4248.
• The Rex Mobile Mammography Unit will be at the center 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 29, at 323 Lake Dive, Wendell. For appointments, call 919-365-4248.
• The center is hosting its annual free community health fair 9 a.m.-noon, Thursday, Sept. 12. Participants can get flu shots, have blood pressure screenings and compete for door prizes at the Wendell Community Center, 601 W. Third St.
Wake Education Partnership is hosting literacy summits on pre-school literacy in August and September. The sessions will offer practical advice on how simple games, play and even everyday conversations can improve pre-school literacy skills and help create success in kindergarten. The Saturday sessions begin with a free light breakfast and include free children’s books, drawings for gift cards, free day care service and breakout sessions that cover topics in detail. All sessions run from 8:30 a.m.-noon at the following locations:
• Aug. 10, Wakelon Elementary, 821 Pippin Road, Zebulon;
• Aug. 24, Forestville Road Elementary, 100 Lawson Ridge Road, Knightdale;
• Sept. 7, Rolesville Elementary, 307 S. Main St., Rolesville;
• Sept. 21, Carver Elementary, 291 Liles Dean Road, Wendell.
Spanish translators will be available during the summit and each individual session. For more information or to register, call Tracey Greggs at 919-821-7609.
Parade sign up
Sign up now for the Harvest Festival parade. The Wendell Chamber of Commerce is accepting vendor applications and float entries. For applications go to www.wendellchamber.com or call 919-365-6318. Entries will be judged for best looking float. The festival is Oct. 4 and 5.
Beyond the Gate Ministries is collecting books for the “Pajama Program of Raleigh.” Books will be given to children in the Wake County foster care system who are waiting to be adopted.
The nonprofit is also collecting new pajamas (newborn to XXXL). Drop donations at Total Connection, 7 W. Third St., Wendell or Dream Coat Ministries, 861 Old Knight Road, Suite 112, Knightdale. For information, call 919-201-0909 or email email@example.com.
The Wake County Public School System will offer Historias cortas en Español (short stories in Spanish) Part I 6:30-8:30 p.m. Mondays, Aug. 19-Sept. 30, at Knightdale High School, 100 Bryan Chalk Lane, Knightdale. For information, call 919-431-7593 or visit cs.wcpss.net/index.
East Wake Education Foundation offers summer learning activities for preschool children 10 a.m. Monday through Thursday, at 16 E. Fourth St. Wendell. For information, call 919-366-5901.
K’dale Parks & Rec
Knightdale Parks & Recreation has scheduled the following summer activities:
• Water Aerobics: 8:15 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays, at the Knightdale Community Pool, 202 Milburnie Road.
• Aerobics Classes: 8:30-10 a.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays; 6:30-7:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and 6-7 p.m. Sunday, at the Knightdale Recreation Center, 102 Lawson Ridge Road.
• Yoga: 5:45-7 p.m. Wednesdays at the Knightdale Clubhouse, 202 Milburnie Road.
• Zumba: 6:30-7:30 p.m. Tuesdays at the Knightdale Clubhouse, 202 Milburnie Road.
• The community pool is open. The hours are 11 a.m.-6:30 p.m. Monday-Saturday and noon-6 p.m. Sundays. For information on rentals, swim lessons and summer passes, call 919-217-2232.
For more information, visit knightdalenc.gov.
The Zebulon Community Center offers a Summer Fun Spectacular for grades K-12 is 9 a.m.-noon, Aug. 12-16. The deadline to register is Aug. 2.
For more information, call the Zebulon Community Center at 919-823-0432. The community center is at 301 S. Arendell Ave.
Kindred Spirits camp
Summer camp at Kindred Spirits Farm is 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Monday-Friday, Aug. 5-9, at 4647 Massey Road, Zebulon. Visit kindredspiritsfarmnc.com, or call 919-215-0811.
• The Knightdale Farmers Market is open 4-7 p.m. Thursdays throughout the summer, at 207 Main St., Knightdale. Call Chris Roland 919-217-2234 or visit knightdalenc.gov.
• The Wendell Farmers Market is open 8 a.m.-noon Saturdays. Visit wendellfarmersmarket.org or call 252-886-1939, or email firstname.lastname@example.org@wendellfarmersmarket.org.
Registration is open for the annual Zombie Escape 5K race set for 9 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 14, in Youngsville. For more information, go to raleighmudrun.com. Proceeds benefit the Shepherd Youth Ranch and the Raleigh Jaycees.
Zebulon Community Library events
Toddler storytime for walkers to age 3 is 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays and 11:30 a.m. Thursdays. Preschool storytime for 3- to 5-year-olds is 10:30 a.m. Wednesdays. Storytime and More for 3- to 5-year-olds is 6 p.m. Mondays. Kindergarten to fifth-grade Adventures is 4:30-5:30 p.m. Thursdays, at 1000 Dogwood Drive. For information, visit wakegov.com/libraries/locations or call 919-404-3610.
East Regional Library events
East Regional Library has an extensive list of activities for the whole family in July, at 946 Steeple Square Court, Knightdale. David Kilbride, a violinist with the North Carolina Symphony, will perform at 11:30 a.m. Aug. 8. Find a complete list of events at wakegov.com/libraries or call 919-217-5300.
Wendell Community Library events
Storytime for preschoolers is 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Call 919-365-2600 or go to 207 S. Hollybrook Road.
The Five County Beekeepers Association meets at 7 p.m. on the third Tuesday of each month at the Zebulon Community Center. Guests are welcome to join. For information visit 5cba.org or call Bryon Way, 919-295-0245.
Send announcements at least two weeks before your event to email@example.com.