Sports registrations open
• Registration for the Zebulon youth baseball and softball fall season will run July 8-19.
Leagues are offered for ages 7-14 with cutoff dates of May 1, 2014 for baseball and Jan. 1, 2014 for softball. The cost for all leagues is $40 for residents and $60 for non-residents.
For more information, call Tim Hale at 919-823-1815.
• Registration is continuing for the Wendell Rams youth flag football, tackle football and cheerleading programs for ages 5-12.
For more information, call Len Boykin at 919-291-8985.
• Registration for the Tri-County Soccer Club fall season is now open for players ages 2-15.
For more information, visit tcsoccerclub.net or call Darin Dixon at 919-760-5126.
• Registration for the Knightdale Parks and Recreation youth baseball and softball fall season ends July 15.
The cost to register is $37 for residents of Knightdale and $52 for non-residents. Ages span from 7 to 14 and are determined as of May 1, 2014 for baseball and Jan. 1, 2014 for softball.
The season’s tentative start date is Sept. 3.
Registration for Knightdale Parks and Recreation adult co-ed softball and kickball will run July 15-30.
The cost for softball is $35 per player and the cost for kickball is $25 per player.
For more information on the Knightdale programs, contact the parks and recreation department at 919-217-2231 or email Jay Chalk at email@example.com@knightdalenc.gov.
• Football and cheer registration for the Knightdale Dragons Pop Warner organization is now open.
The cost for flag football is $80, cheerleading is $100 and tackle football is $120 per player. The program is open to youth ages 5-15.
A registration form can be filled out online at knightdaledragons.com.
• Registration is now open for the Knightdale Knights youth football and cheerleading program for children ages 5-12.
The cost is $50 for flag football or mascot cheer and $100 for tackle football or cheerleading.
For more information, or to register, visit knightdaleknights.org.
• Corinth Community Recreation is now accepting football and cheerleading registrations for the fall season.
Registration fees are $90 per child and $80 for each additional child.
Registration forms will be accepted at the practice facility beside Corinth Holders Elementary School on Lake Wendell Road from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. on the following dates: July 13, July 20, July 27 and Aug. 3.
Conditioning camp will be held Aug. 5-6 and Aug. 8-9 from 6-8 p.m. at no additional charge. Regular practice will begin Aug. 13 at 6:30 p.m.
Registration forms are available online at ccrpirates.com. For more information, call Greg Parrish at 919-796-8226.
• The deadline to register for Wendell Parks and Recreation youth baseball and softball is July 11.
Boys ages 7-14 as of May 1, 2014 and girls ages 7-14 as of Jan. 1, 2014 are eligible to register.
The registration fee is $45 for residents and $65 for non-residents. There is a $5 fee for online registration.
The age groups will be 7-8, 9-10, 11-12 and 13-14. The fall season will have some minor travel involved, including trips to Knightdale, Zebulon and some other surrounding areas.
Walk-in registrations will also be accepted. The department’s hours are Monday-Thursday from 7 a.m.-8 p.m. and Friday from 7 a.m.-4 p.m. The Wendell Community Center is located at 601 W. Third St.
For more information, call the Wendell Parks and Recreation Department at 919-366-2266.
Boys & Girls hoops league opens
The Zebulon Boys & Girls Club’s summer basketball league registration is now open for two age divisions – ages 10-12 and ages 13-15.
The cost to register is $10. For more information, visit the club at 1320 Shepard School Road or call 919-404-1087.
Summer youth camps on horizon
A variety of youth athletic camps will be held in Wendell and Zebulon this summer. Remaining camps are as follows:
• Heritage High School coach Tony Piercy will lead a baseball camp for ages 7-14 at Wendell Park July 15-18 from 9 a.m.-noon. The deadline to register is July 12. The camp costs $60 per player.
• Kim Vardy and staff will conduct a second round of fast pitch softball clinics beginning in July. Participants have the choice of six Tuesday sessions, which will run from July 16-Aug. 13, or six Thursday sessions, to run July 18-Aug. 15. The cost of those clinics vary based on the areas of the game participants choose to focus on. The topics include fielding, beginning pitching, catching, hitting, intermediate/advance pitching and conditioning. Vardy can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org@vardyhpc.com, or by phone at 919-279-7892.
• Monkey in the Middle camp for ages 9-14 will run July 22-25 from 1-4 p.m. at the Zebulon Community Center. Registration for the camp, led by Amy Skaggs, ends July 12.
• East Wake High School coach Toni Vick will lead a basketball camp for ages 8-14 at the Zebulon Community Center July 29-Aug. 1 from 9 a.m.-noon. Registration ends July 19.
• East Wake High School coach Melissa Bell will instruct a volleyball camp for ages 7-14 at the Zebulon Community Center Aug. 5-8 from 9 a.m.-noon. The registration deadline is July 26.
For more information on Wendell’s summer camps, call the Wendell Parks and Recreation Department at 919-366-2266. The Wendell Community Center is located at 601 W. Third St.
For more information on the summer camps in Zebulon, call the Zebulon Community Center at 919-823-0432. The community center is located at 301 S. Arendell Avenue.
Date set for sportscaster camp
The 5th annual Triangle Sportscaster Camp will be held July 15-17 in Raleigh.
The three-day day camp teaches the fundamental cores to a career in play-by-play and anchoring in the world of sports broadcasting. Campers receive hands-on instruction and training from nearly a dozen major college and professional sports announcers and TV sportscasters from across the state. The camp is directed by Durham Bulls and regional TV play-by-play broadcaster Patrick Kinas.
The camp fee is $425 and is open to boys and girls ages 14-22. Online registration available at trianglesportscastercamp.com or by calling 919-291-7918. Space is limited.
Yoga meets in Knightdale
Knightdale Parks and Recreation is now offering Wednesday night yoga classes at the Knightdale Clubhouse.
The classes will run from 5:45-7 p.m. at a cost of $7 per class. Participants are asked to bring their own mat and bottled water.
For more information, call 919-217-2236.
Aerobics classes ongoing
Mandy’s Aerobics is an ongoing class held at the Knightdale Recreation Center.
Class are held Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 8:30-9 a.m. (abs) and 9-10 (step/sculpt).
Classes also meet Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 6:30-7:30 p.m., and Sundays beginning at 6 p.m.
The cost is $5 per class, and all equipment is provided except for a mat or towel and water bottle.
For more information, call 217-2236.
Zebulon holds fitness classes
The Zebulon Community Center has several offerings for those interested in exercising.
• Boot Camp PM meets on Tuesdays through Nov. 13 from 6:30-7:30 p.m. at the Zebulon Community Center.
The six-week program is taught by Andrea Gravenhorst and is designed to benefit both athletes and fitness beginners.
The cost is $25 for residents and $30 for non-residents. For more information, call the center at 919-823-0432.
• Beginners trekking will meet on Wednesdays from Nov. 7-28.
Those interested in some outdoor walking can meet at the Zebulon Community Center for the 10-11 a.m. sessions with Amy Skaggs. In the event of inclement weather, the program will meet inside the community center.
The cost of the six-session program is $18 per resident and $24 for non-residents. For more information, call the center at 919-823-0432.
• Yoga classes are held Thursdays from 6-7 p.m. at the Zebulon Community Center under the instruction of Ganel Johnson.
The cost is $25 for residents and $30 for non-residents for seven sessions. For more information, call the community center at 823-0432.
• Zumba classes are held on Mondays from 6-7 p.m. under the instruction of Jennifer Underwood.
The cost for seven sessions is $25 for residents and $30 for non-residents, or $5 for one class.
• The Get Fit Pass is good for seven sessions of four different classes held at the Zebulon Community Center.
Zumba meets Mondays and Wednesdays from 6-7 p.m., Trekking meets Tuesdays from 9-9:50 a.m., Pilates meets Wednesdays from 9-9:50 a.m., and Strength Training meets Thursdays from 9-9:50 a.m.
The cost for seven sessions is $25 for residents and $30 for non-residents.
Workouts in Wendell
The Wendell Community Center has several offerings for those interested in exercising.
• Total Body Fitness with Beth Narron is held Tuesdays at 8 a.m. and Zumba is held Tuesdays at 6 p.m.
• Bootcamp Fitness Class with Beth Narron meets Wednesdays at 7 p.m. and another round of Total Body Fitness is held Tuesdays and Thursdays at 8 a.m.
• The community center weight room is open Monday-Thursday from 6 a.m.-9 p.m. and Friday from 6 a.m.-4 p.m. The cost is $10 per month for residents and $20 per month for non-residents.