Fourth of July fireworks
The Carolina Mudcats will celebrate Independence Day with three nights of fireworks following the games Wednesday, July 3, Thursday, July 4 and Friday, July 5, at Five County Stadium in Zebulon. Each game begins at 7:15 p.m. For information, call 919-269-2287.
Memorial blood drive
The Wendell Community Center will host the Rex Hospital Blood-Mobile on Tuesday, July 30. The blood drive is organized by The Kendell Project, a foundation started in memory of Kendell Anderson that helps special needs children with blood diseases. Sign up for the blood drive at mysignup.com/thekendallproject.
Knightdale Parks & Recreation
Knightdale Parks & Recreation has scheduled the following summer activities:
• Water Aerobics: 8:15 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays, at the Knightdale Community Pool, 202 Milburnie Road.
• Aerobics Classes: 8:30-10 a.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays; 6:30-7:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and 6-7 p.m. Sunday, at the Knightdale Recreation Center, 102 Lawson Ridge Road.
• Yoga: 5:45-7 p.m. Wednesdays at the Knightdale Clubhouse, 202 Milburnie Road.
• Zumba: 6:30-7:30 p.m. Tuesdays at the Knightdale Clubhouse, 202 Milburnie Road.
• The community pool is open. The hours are 11 a.m.-6:30 p.m. Monday-Saturday and noon-6 p.m. Sundays. For information on rentals, swim lessons and summer passes, call 919-217-2232.
For more information, visit knightdalenc.gov.
ZPRD summer camps
A variety of youth camps will be held at the Zebulon Community Center this summer:
• Sizzling Science, for ages 6-12, is 9 a.m.-noon, July 8-11. The deadline to register for the camp, instructed by Gina Bryant, is June 30.
• Sewing, led by Donna Ipock for ages 6-14, is 9 a.m.-noon, July 15-18. Registration deadline is July 5.
• A preschool camp for ages 4-6, instructed by Felisa Parker, is 9 a.m.-noon, July 22-25. The deadline to register is July 12.
• Wendy Ferguson will lead Art Around the World for ages 6-12, 9 a.m.-noon July 29-Aug. 2. The deadline to register is July 19.
• The Earth, Wind and Fire Science camp is 9 a.m.-noon, Aug. 5-8. The camp is for ages 6-12 and will be led by Bonnie Temple. Registration ends July 26.
• Summer Fun Spectacular for grades K-12 is 9 a.m.-noon, Aug. 12-16. The deadline to register is Aug. 2.
• The Massey School of Dance will hold a dance camp for ages 7-14 from 1-4 p.m. July 29-Aug. 1. The registration deadline is July 19.
• Wendy Ferguson will instruct a drama camp for ages 7-14, from 1-4 p.m. Aug. 5-9. Registration ends July 26.
For more information, call the Zebulon Community Center at 919-823-0432. The community center is at 301 S. Arendell Avenue.
July 4th walk in Wendell
A walking and cycling parade will be held at 11:30 a.m. on July 4 outside Peedie’s Grill on Main Street in Zebulon. Free hotdogs will be served at noon, when prizes will be awarded for best red, white, and blue outfit.
Kindred Spirits camp
Summer camp at Kindred Spirits Farm is 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Monday-Friday, July 8-12 and Aug. 5-9, at 4647 Massey Road, Zebulon. Visit kindredspiritsfarmnc.com, or call 919-215-0811.
• The Knightdale Farmers Market is open 4-7 p.m. Thursdays throughout the summer, at 207 Main St., Knightdale. For more information, call Chris Roland 919-217-2234 or visit knightdalenc.gov.
• The Wendell Farmers Market is open 8 a.m.-noon Saturdays. For more information, visit wendellfarmersmarket.org or call 252-886-1939, or email email@example.com@wendellfarmersmarket.org.
Registration is open for the annual Zombie Escape 5K race set for 9 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 14, in Youngsville. For more information, go to raleighmudrun.com. Proceeds benefit the Shepherd Youth Ranch and the Raleigh Jaycees.
Zebulon Community Library events
Toddler storytime for walkers to age 3 is 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays and 11:30 a.m. Thursdays. Preschool storytime for 3- to 5-year-olds is 10:30 a.m. Wednesdays. Storytime and More for 3- to 5-year-olds is 6 p.m. Mondays. Kindergarten to fifth-grade Adventures is 4:30-5:30 p.m. Thursdays, at 1000 Dogwood Drive. For information, visit wakegov.com/libraries/locations or call 919-404-3610.
East Regional Library events
East Regional Library has an extensive list of activities for the whole family in June and, at 946 Steeple Square Court, Knightdale. Find a complete list of events at wakegov.com/libraries or call 919-217-5300.
Wendell Community Library events
Storytime for preschoolers is 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Call 919-365-2600 or go to 207 S. Hollybrook Road.
The Five County Beekeepers Association meets at 7 p.m. on the third Tuesday of each month at the Zebulon Community Center. Guests are welcome to join. For information visit 5cba.org or call Bryon Way, 919-295-0245.
Knightdale history presentation
Former Knightdale Mayor Billy Wilder will discuss his upcoming book, History of Knightdale, at the East Regional Library at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, July 17. The program is free but seating is limited to 25 people. To register, contact the East Regional Library at 919-217-5300.
Send announcements at least two weeks before your event to firstname.lastname@example.org