Youth sports registrations open
• Football and cheer registration for the Knightdale Dragons Pop Warner organization is now open.
The cost for flag football is $80, cheerleading is $100 and tackle football is $120 per player. The program is open to youth ages 5-13.
A registration form can be filled out online at www.knightdaledragons.com.
• Registration is now open for the Knightdale Knights youth football and cheerleading program for children ages 5-12.
The cost is $50 for flag football or mascot cheer and $100 for tackle football or cheerleading.
For more information, or to register, visit www.knightdaleknights.org.
• Corinth Community Recreation is now accepting football and cheerleading registrations for the fall season.
Registration fees are $90 per child and $80 for each additional child.
Registration forms will be accepted at the practice facility beside Corinth Holders Elementary School on Lake Wendell Road from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. on the following dates: June 29, July 13, July 20, July 27 and Aug. 3.
Conditioning camp will be held Aug. 5-6 and Aug. 8-9 from 6-8 p.m. at no additional charge. Regular practice will begin Aug. 13 at 6:30 p.m.
Registration forms are available online at ccrpirates.com. For more information, call Greg Parrish at 919-796-8226.
• The deadline to register for Wendell Parks and Recreation youth baseball and softball is July 11.
Boys ages 7-14 as of May 1, 2014 and girls ages 7-14 as of Jan. 1, 2014 are eligible to register.
The registration fee is $45 for residents and $65 for non-residents. There is a $5 fee for online registration.
The age groups will be 7-8, 9-10, 11-12 and 13-14. The fall season will have some minor travel involved, including trips to Knightdale, Zebulon and some other surrounding areas.
Walk-in registrations will also be accepted. The department’s hours are Monday-Thursday from 7 a.m.-8 p.m. and Friday from 7 a.m.-4 p.m. The Wendell Community Center is located at 601 W. Third St.
For more information, call the Wendell Parks and Recreation Department at 919-366-2266.
Boys & Girls hoops league opens
The Zebulon Boys & Girls Club’s summer basketball league registration is now open for two age divisions – ages 10-12 and ages 13-15.
The cost to register is $10. For more information, visit the club at 1320 Shepard School Road or call 919-404-1087.
Zebulon to host disc golf tourney
The Cha Ching ‘n Zing disc golf tournament will be held June 29-30 at Zebulon Community Park.
For more information, call David Mansfield at 252-433-0374.
Summer youth camps on horizon
A variety of youth athletic camps will be held in Wendell and Zebulon this summer. Remaining camps are as follows:
• The East Wake Soccer Association plans to host a British Soccer Camp June 24-28 for youth ages 3-16. The cost of the camp ranges from $79-120 depending on age, and different age groups will meet at different times on those dates. Online registration can be completed at challengersports.com.
• Wolfpack Cheerleading Camp for ages 6-12 will be held July 8-11 from 9 a.m.-noon at the Zebulon Community Center. The deadline to register for the camp, instructed by Edge Cheer & Dance, is June 30.
• A volleyball camp for girls ages 9-12 will be held July 8-11 from 9-11 a.m. at the Wendell Community Center. The cost of the camp, led by Amber Bradshaw, is $50 per participant.
• A gymnastics for ages 5-9 will run July 8-11 from 1-4 p.m. at the Zebulon Community Center under the instruction of Terry Keith. Registration ends June 28.
• James Riedel will instruct a lacrosse camp for ages 7-12 July 15-18 from 9 a.m.-noon at Wakelon Elementary School. The deadline to register is July 5.
• Hanshi Charles Mann will lead a karate camp for ages 5-8 July 15-18 from 1-4 p.m. at the Zebulon Community Center. The registration deadline is July 5.
• Heritage High School coach Tony Piercy will lead a baseball camp for ages 7-14 at Wendell Park July 15-18 from 9 a.m.-noon. The deadline to register is July 12. The camp costs $60 per player.
• Kim Vardy and staff will conduct a second round of fast pitch softball clinics beginning in July. Participants have the choice of six Tuesday sessions, which will run from July 16-Aug. 13, or six Thursday sessions, to run July 18-Aug. 15. The cost of those clinics vary based on the areas of the game participants choose to focus on. The topics include fielding, beginning pitching, catching, hitting, intermediate/advance pitching and conditioning. Vardy can be reached by email at email@example.com@vardyhpc.com, or by phone at 919-279-7892.
• Monkey in the Middle camp for ages 9-14 will run July 22-25 from 1-4 p.m. at the Zebulon Community Center. Registration for the camp, led by Amy Skaggs, ends July 12.
• East Wake High School coach Toni Vick will lead a basketball camp for ages 8-14 at the Zebulon Community Center July 29-Aug. 1 from 9 a.m.-noon. Registration ends July 19.
• East Wake High School coach Melissa Bell will instruct a volleyball camp for ages 7-14 at the Zebulon Community Center Aug. 5-8 from 9 a.m.-noon. The registration deadline is July 26.
For more information on Wendell’s summer camps, call the Wendell Parks and Recreation Department at 919-366-2266. The Wendell Community Center is located at 601 W. Third St.
For more information on the summer camps in Zebulon, call the Zebulon Community Center at 919-823-0432. The community center is located at 301 S. Arendell Avenue.
Date set for sportscaster camp
The 5th annual Triangle Sportscaster Camp will be held July 15-17 in Raleigh.
The three-day day camp teaches the fundamental cores to a career in play-by-play and anchoring in the world of sports broadcasting. Campers receive hands-on instruction and training from nearly a dozen major college and professional sports announcers and TV sportscasters from across the state. The camp is directed by Durham Bulls and regional TV play-by-play broadcaster Patrick Kinas.
The camp fee is $425 and is open to boys and girls ages 14-22. Online registration available at trianglesportscastercamp.com or by calling 919-291-7918. Six available spots remain.
Yoga meets in Knightdale
Knightdale Parks and Recreation is now offering Wednesday night yoga classes at the Knightdale Clubhouse.
The classes will run from 5:45-7 p.m. at a cost of $7 per class. Participants are asked to bring their own mat and bottled water.
For more information, call 919-217-2236.
Aerobics classes ongoing
Mandy’s Aerobics is an ongoing class held at the Knightdale Recreation Center.
Class are held Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 8:30-9 a.m. (abs) and 9-10 (step/sculpt).
Classes also meet Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 6:30-7:30 p.m., and Sundays beginning at 6 p.m.
The cost is $5 per class, and all equipment is provided except for a mat or towel and water bottle.
For more information, call 217-2236.
Zebulon holds fitness classes
The Zebulon Community Center has several offerings for those interested in exercising.
• Boot Camp PM meets on Tuesdays through Nov. 13 from 6:30-7:30 p.m. at the Zebulon Community Center.
The six-week program is taught by Andrea Gravenhorst and is designed to benefit both athletes and fitness beginners.
The cost is $25 for residents and $30 for non-residents. For more information, call the center at 919-823-0432.
• Beginners trekking will meet on Wednesdays from Nov. 7-28.
Those interested in some outdoor walking can meet at the Zebulon Community Center for the 10-11 a.m. sessions with Amy Skaggs. In the event of inclement weather, the program will meet inside the community center.
The cost of the six-session program is $18 per resident and $24 for non-residents. For more information, call the center at 919-823-0432.
• Yoga classes are held Thursdays from 6-7 p.m. at the Zebulon Community Center under the instruction of Ganel Johnson.
The cost is $25 for residents and $30 for non-residents for seven sessions. For more information, call the community center at 823-0432.
• Zumba classes are held on Mondays from 6-7 p.m. under the instruction of Jennifer Underwood.
The cost for seven sessions is $25 for residents and $30 for non-residents, or $5 for one class.
• The Get Fit Pass is good for seven sessions of four different classes held at the Zebulon Community Center.
Zumba meets Mondays and Wednesdays from 6-7 p.m., Trekking meets Tuesdays from 9-9:50 a.m., Pilates meets Wednesdays from 9-9:50 a.m., and Strength Training meets Thursdays from 9-9:50 a.m.
The cost for seven sessions is $25 for residents and $30 for non-residents.
Workouts in Wendell
The Wendell Community Center has several offerings for those interested in exercising.
• Total Body Fitness with Beth Narron is held Tuesdays at 8 a.m. and Zumba is held Tuesdays at 6 p.m.
• Bootcamp Fitness Class with Beth Narron meets Wednesdays at 7 p.m. and another round of Total Body Fitness is held Tuesdays and Thursdays at 8 a.m.
• The community center weight room is open Monday-Thursday from 6 a.m.-9 p.m. and Friday from 6 a.m.-4 p.m. The cost is $10 per month for residents and $20 per month for non-residents.