Families with household incomes less than $51,000 can have their income taxes done free at the Eastern Regional Center, 2:30-4:30 p.m. Wednesdays and Fridays. No appointments are needed. Call 919-834-9300 or visit waketax.org for a list of free sites.
• The Pirates of the Cure-ibbean Relay for Life team presents Mystery Dinner Theatre starting at 5 p.m. March 23 at Rocky Cross Holiness Church, 12524 Anderson Road, Zebulon. Tickets are $10 and must be purchased in advance at Klip Chicks, 919-365-8080.
• Clydes Chapel Baptist Church Relay team is hosting a car show 11 a.m.-4 p.m. May 4 at 16657 Buffalo Road, Wendell. Rain date is May 11. Admission is free but donations are welcomed. Proceeds support cancer research. For information call Wayne Pender at 919-624-3730 or the church office at 919-365-6969.
• March 14, 11-10 a.m. Lone Star Steakhouse will donate 15 percent from a patrons dinner receipt to Boy Scout Troop 365 if the customer presents this notice to the server. Call 919-217-7070 for details.
• Wake Tech celebrates its 50th anniversary with a Road Scholars 5K Run/Walk starting at 8 a.m. March 16 at Wake Techs Northern Wake Campus. The entry fee is $30 if paid by March 15 and $35 on race day. Register online at waketech.edu/community/road-scholars.
Zebulon Community Library events
Toddler storytime for walkers to age 3 is 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays and 11:30 a.m. Thursdays. Preschool story time for 3- to 5-year-olds is 10:30 a.m. Wednesdays. Storytime and More for 3- to 5-year-olds is 6 p.m. Mondays. Kindergarten-fifth-grade Adventures is 4:30-5:30 p.m. Thursdays. Visit wakegov.com/libraries/locations or call 919-404-3610.
East Regional Library events
• The American Red Cross Blood mobile is scheduled to be in the East Regional Library parking lot 3-7:30 p.m. April 9. For appointments go to redcross.org and select Wake Library, or just show up at the library.
• East Regional Library has an extensive list of activities for the whole family in March. Find a list of events at wakegov.com/libraries or call 919-217-5300. East Regional Library is at 946 Steeple Square Court, Knightdale.
Wendell Community Library events
Storytime for preschoolers is 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Call 919-365-2600 or go to 207 S. Hollybrook Road.
• The Wake County Public School System will offer Preparing Your Child for end of grade tests, 6:30-8:30 p.m., March 28, at Knightdale High School. Call 919-431-7593 or visit wcpss.net.
• Riley Hill Family Life Center and the Inter-Faith Food Shuttle offers Cooking Matters for Adults at 5901 Riley Hill Road, Wendell, Thursdays 10 a.m.-noon through March 28. Learn how to prepare healthy, tasty meals on a limited budget. To sign up, call Evelyn Lucas 919-365-7899.
• Riley Hill Family Life Center offers end-of-grade test preparation and tutorials 9 -11 a.m. March 16; April 13, 27 and May 4. Call 919-365-7899 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Networking in Knightdale (third Tuesday) 11:30 a.m.-1p.m. at Applebees, 6609 Knightdale Blvd. Register at chambermaster.com/directory or call 919-266-4603.
• The Zebulon Chamber of Commerce Small Business Networking Group meets at 8 a.m. Thursdays at Italia Express, 103 N. Arendell Ave. Call 919-269-6320 or visit zebulonchamber.org/home.
• Tuesday Morning Coffee Break meets from 8-9 a.m. at the Wendell Chamber of Commerce, 115 N. Pine St.
• East Wake Women in Networking meets the second Wednesday of the month, 11:45 a.m.-1 p.m. For locations, email Melanie Paul at email@example.com or call 919-365-6318.